How to present to Senior Executives – HBR Post
Do you need to present a ppt pack, or should you use a website?
If the goal of your presentation is to share INFORMATION rather than PERSUADE then you will often be sending out a pack attached to e-mail instead of presenting it.
- Putting your information on to a website has advantages over a powerpoint presentation:
- You can hyperlink to allow your audience to navigate how they want, instead of forcing them to be linear like powerpoint
- You can hyperlink to sources
- It is easy to embed rich media e.g. videos
- You can control access through passwords, a ppt can be forwarded to anyone
- It can be interactive
- The audience can have a discussion through comments or forums
- You can set up metrics to see what information is used
- You can continuously update the site and everyone sees the latest version
Overall, these benefits are so compelling that no one should send out a fact pack ever again…………